We are looking to hire a talented and enthusiastic graphic designer/printer and office assistant with an eye for detail to oversee our company’s new DTG printing business in Woodstock, Cape Town. As a lead DTG printer, you will be responsible for running the “shop” and completing the printing process after you have received the order and artwork/designs from the sales team before neatly preparing the items for either customer collection or courier.
To ensure success in this role, you need to exhibit high levels of independence and responsibility and have excellent hand-eye coordination. Ultimately, a top-level DTG printer can create beautifully designed garments that fully meet the customer's specifications.
Working Hours – Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm)
• Receiving work order jobs and artwork for DTG Printing from sales team
• Examining work orders to determine estimated printing times, ink and garment quantities from available stock
• Load and run prints while performing quality checks throughout the printing process
• Curing, neatly folding and packing completed garments after the run
• Prepare and package garments for customer collection or courier
• Consumable tracking and ordering through head office
• Track and manage stock count
• Machine maintenance
• Maintain a neat and tidy office
• Professionally attend to walk-in customers
• Take initiative with product development
• Previous work experience in Graphic Design.
• Experience in the printing industry is desirable
• Design software knowledge in Illustrator and Photoshop
• Previous sales experience desirable.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and attention to detail
• High level of English language both verbal and written
• Some creative skills or an eye for design detail
• Friendly, passionate, responsible and trustworthy
• Positive attitude
• Ability to work independently and self-motivated
• Ability to communicate openly with team members regarding any issue
• Ability to troubleshoot Issues
• Ability to professionally hold customer meetings
• Ability to work alone
• Ability to manually operate printing machinery
• Ability to track printing and sales KPI’s
Please apply via facebook, submit a cover letter, and a two page design portfolio to accompany your CV to email@example.com